Seakeeper Ride | Mechanical Installation Manual
7.2. Bolt Parts Together
Note: Before bolting parts together, check to make sure that none of the hardware on the back side of the Actuator Plate has fallen out during shipping or handling (highlighted below in blue).
- Place a cylindrical washer on each bolt, with the flat side on the head of the bolt.
- Apply thread locking sealant activator/primer and thread locking sealant to bolts.
- Install the five (5) M8 x 30 mm bolts in the bottom of the Transom Plate, as shown below (The 600 mm Controllers will have seven  bolts.)
- The top two (2) M8 bolts must be selected based upon the total Wedge Plates in use. If the Wedge Plates are combined to be greater than, or equal to, 5 degrees, use the 60 mm bolts in the top of the Transom Plate. If the Wedge Plates are combined to be less than 5 degrees, use the 50 mm bolts in the top of the Transom Plate. See Table 2.
Note: Be sure to use the correct bolt length. Incorrect bolt length may result in insufficient thread engagement or the inability to attach the Seal Plate in later steps.
- Place cylindrical nuts over the ends of the screws on the Actuator Plate and torque to 75 in-lbs (8.5 N-m) in an alternating pattern.