Seakeeper Ride | Mechanical Installation Manual
10.2. Exposed Cable Entry
In the instance in which the Actuator cable will be exposed, follow this procedure for mounting the supplied protective conduit for the Actuator cable.
- Check for structural clearances and rigging inside the hull before proceeding with drilling holes for the cable route in the transom.
- Determine the ideal location where the cable will penetrate the hull based on Section 5.7
- Using 23/32 in. (19 mm) drill-bit or hole saw, drill a hole through the transom.
- Apply a liberal amount of sealant on the outer diameter of the gland. Install the Cable Gland tube from the inside (Figure 41 – Sealant Application to Cable Gland).
- Install the Nut on the outboard side of the transom. Do not overtighten (Figure 42 – Outboard Cable Gland Nut Installation).
- Cut off the excess threads on the outboard side using a hacksaw or oscillating tool (Figure 43 – Cable Gland Trimming).
- Hold the Inner Cable guide up to the Cable Gland in the desired mounting location. Mark the locations of the two (2) mounting screws and drill 3/32 in. (2.4 mm) pilot holes in these locations.
- Inject sealant in both pilot holes. Use a screwdriver to install the two (2) No. 8 x 1-1/2 in. screws to mount the Inner Cable Guide.
- Place the Outer Cable Guide over the Inner Cable Guide. Mark the location of the six (6) mounting screw holes. Drill 3/32 (2.4 mm) pilot holes in these six (6) locations. Note: Do not install the Outer Cable Guide at this time.