Seakeeper 1 Installation Manual (90519-1)
Seawater Pump Connection Instructions
Reference Documents & Drawings:
- 90511 – Seakeeper 1 Cable Block Diagram
- 90512 – Seakeeper 1 Cooling Water Schematic
Seawater Pump 12 VDC Power Source Requirements
|Power Source||Battery Bank, 12 VDC, Marine, Deep Cycle|
|Voltage Range||10 – 16 VDC|
|Current Rating||Max 15 A rating|
|Overcurrent Protection||Per pump specification, max 15 A|
Seawater Pump 12 VDC Power Input Connection Instructions
- Connect Cable 7 (P/N: 30327) to Seakeeper 1 “SW Pump DC In” as shown in Drawing No. 90511 – Seakeeper 1 Cable Block Diagram, with overcurrent protection corresponding to seawater pump selected.
- Connect the 14 AWG plus conductor (red) through dedicated overcurrent protection device (customer-supplied), maximum of 15 A, to dedicated battery isolation switch.
- The Cable 1, 2 AWG B+ conductor (red), is capable of carrying the current for both the High Current and Seawater Pump from the 12 VDC power supply to the battery isolation switch.
- Connect the 14 AWG minus conductor (black) directly to battery minus terminal or DC main negative bus.
Seawater Pump 12 VDC Power Output Connection Instructions
- Connect Cable 5 to the Seakeeper 1 “SW Pump 12 VDC Out” for DC power output to the seawater pump. Cable 5 is a 2 x 16 AWG cable, 16 ft (5 m) length, with a size 16 female Deutsch plug.
- Pumps rated at 12 VDC, 15 A maximum, customer-supplied, must be configured with a Deutsch DT series, 2-pin receptacle to mate with the connector shown in the following figure.
- Cable 5 must be routed and installed in the vessel from the Seakeeper 1 “SW Pump 12 VDC Out” Deutsch connector (pins end) to the DC seawater pump cable Deutsch connector (socket end).
- Connect Cable 5 plug end (socket end) to the customer-supplied receptacle end (pins end). The recommended wiring is shown in the following figure.
- Seakeeper DC Seawater Pump Assembly (P/N 30331), which is prewired for Cable 5, is available as an option with the Seakeeper 1.