Seakeeper 1 Installation Manual (90519-1)
Seakeeper 1 Display Connection
- 90511 – Seakeeper 1 Cable Block Diagram
- TB 90573 – Seakeeper 1 Display Options
- TB 90478 – Garmin and Seakeeper Compatibility
- TB 90479 – Raymarine and Seakeeper Compatibility
- TB 90480 – Simrad and Seakeeper Compatibility
- 90600 – Seakeeper 1, 5” Touch Display
Seakeeper 1 Display Options
The Seakeeper 1 has two options for establishing a Seakeeper display interface to support the Seakeeper App, as outlined in TB 90573:
- Connect the Seakeeper 1 to a compatible Multifunction Display (MFD).
- Install an optional Seakeeper 5” Touch Display.
A Seakeeper display is required with the installation of a Seakeeper 1 to support the full functionality of the unit through the Seakeeper App in addition to the ConnectBox. The Seakeeper App provides an interface for controlling the Seakeeper 1 or viewing the Settings, Service, Info, and Alarm pages. The Seakeeper ConnectBox can be helm-mounted to provide an additional interface for the control of the Seakeeper 1 but does not replace the need for a Seakeeper compatible display.
The following figure provides a schematic of the two display options. The subsequent sections outline the instructions and references for connecting the Seakeeper 1 to each of these display options.
Connecting to an Optional Compatible MDF
- The Seakeeper 1 can be connected to a variety of available MFD systems. Refer to the Technical Bulletins Section of the Seakeeper Technical Library for manufacturer specific MFD compatibility technical bulletins.
- MFD specific Technical Bulletins will be updated regularly as new MFD systems become compatible. Currently GARMIN, RAYMARINE, and SIMRAD offer compatible MFD models.
- Once a compatible MFD has been selected, refer to the appropriate manufacturer specific Technical Bulletin for integration instructions.
- Connect Seakeeper-supplied Cable 10, D-Code 10 m cable to MFD manufacturer-specific Ethernet adapter cable. Custom Ethernet cables for specific MFD manufacturers are available through Seakeeper and must be purchased with the Seakeeper 1 if connecting to an MFD.
Connecting to an Optional Seakeeper 5” Touch Display
If not utilizing a compatible MFD display, a Seakeeper 5” Touch Display must be purchased from Seakeeper. The Seakeeper 5” Touch Display (P/N 90600) includes the components shown in the following figure and will be integrated with the ConnectBox.
- Determine location of Seakeeper 5” Touch Display:
- The desired location of the 5” Touch Display must be determined with respect to the vessel’s arrangement.
- The 5” Touch Display should be located on or near the helm or another easily accessible location.
- Route CAN communications cable:
- The CAN Cable Assembly, Cable 3, is a 10 m shielded cable that connects the ConnectBox to the 5” Touch Display.
- Cable 3 must be routed and installed in the vessel from the Seakeeper wire harness CAN Tee to the Tee Adapter at the Seakeeper 5” Touch Display, included with P/N 90600.
- Install Seakeeper 5” Touch Display equipment:
- Console space required: Approx. 5.24 W x 3.70 H in. (133 x 94 mm)
- Mounting Instructions, Surface Mount: see Envelope and Mounting Details, in Drawing No. 90438 – 5” Operator Display Envelope and Mounting Details.
- CAN communications tee adapter and terminator mounting instructions:
- Console space required, Rear: Approx. 4 W x 3 H in. (102 x 76 mm), rear
- Mounting Instructions: Rear mount on vessel console panel, within 2 ft (0.6 m) of Display.
- Hardware required: One mounting screw for .197 in. (5 mm) diameter mounting hole on Tee Adapter.
- Connect Seakeeper 5” Touch Display Equipment:
- The Seakeeper 5” Touch Display is connected in accordance with Drawing No. 90511 – Seakeeper 1 Cable Block Diagram, as shown in the following figure.