Seakeeper 1 Installation Manual (90519-1)
Transport and Unpacking
- Use a Seakeeper-provided shipping crate for transport, P/N 12098. The overall dimensions of a fully-packed Seakeeper 1 crate are 27.5 L x 27.5 W x 23.25 H in. (0.70 L x 0.70 W x 0.60 H m) with a weight of 430 lbs (195 kg), including accessories.
- Do not stack Seakeeper shipping crates.
- Both air and ground transport are acceptable and available through Seakeeper.
- Seakeeper shipping crates must be transported in environmental conditions between -4°F and 140°F (-20°C and 60°C).
Reference Drawing No. 90515 – Seakeeper 1 Crate Unpacking Instructions, for detailed unpacking instructions. Once the Seakeeper 1 crate has been unpacked, follow these instructions when lifting the unit:
- Remove and set aside cover, electrical components, cables, and misc. items.
- Attach Small Gyro Lifting Bar Kit, P/N 11766, to the two lifting eyes located on the top of the Seakeeper enclosure.
- Stay clear of the Seakeeper 1 when the unit is being lifted and use safe practices for working under a suspended load. The Seakeeper 1 weighs 365 lbs (165 kg).
- See Figure 4 for proper lifting arrangement. Additional details can be found in Drawing No. 90516 –Seakeeper 1 Bolt-In Installation Details.
- Remove lifting eyes once unit is installed. Lifting eyes must be removed prior to operation.